Executive Search: Clinical Molecular Geneticist, Cancer Genomic NGS Clinical Laboratory, Chicago
Pharma-Cruiting Life Sciences Executive Search is seeking a Clinical Molecular Geneticist on behalf of a cancer genomic next generation sequencing clinical laboratory in Chicago.
The position requires experience with interpreting and reporting data from next generation sequencing based tests. Top candidates will also have strong communication skills and the ability to explain complex genetic testing results to a broad audience. This position will be responsible 60% of the time running the clinical workflow with the team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in variant interpretation and reporting and sign out.
- Advise on development of variant classification systems and guidelines for reporting.
- Work in interdisciplinary groups of scientists, engineers, and product developers to translate genetic sequencing results into clinically actionable insights for our clients.
- Contribute to building the knowledge databases.
- Produce high quality and detailed documentation for all projects.
- Board certified ABMGG – American Board of Medical Genetics and Genomics for Molecular Genetics
- 1-2 years of previous job-related experience working with next-generation sequencing data.
- Clinical lab experience
- Experience in oncology.
- Ideal candidates will possess:
- Familiarity with reporting guidelines for both somatic and germline genetic testing.
- Fluency Hematologic Malignancies (would be a plus)
- Whole exome experience
- Self-driven and works well in interdisciplinary teams
- Experience with communicating insights and presenting concepts to a diverse audience
Please email Ruth Frazer – firstname.lastname@example.org to apply