Executive Search: Industrial Designer, R&D Global Consumer Packaging
Pharma-Cruiting Life Sciences Executive Search is seeking an Industrial Designer – Global Consumer Packaging company in the Greater Philadelphia – Greater New York – New Jersey Tri State area.
The successful candidate will be a creative industrial designer combining hands-on packaging design with innovation brainstorming, facilitation, consumer insights and holistic design thinking. Overall responsibility supports projects across multiple personal care and household businesses to deliver new products & packaging for well-known domestic and international brands.
- Research industry literature and build a knowledge base of packaging trends which will lead to new design ideas
- Work with internal and external stakeholders understanding design parameters and constraints to create impactful “design brief” outputs
- Create preliminary artistic drawings in the form of illustrations and storyboards of product concepts. Presentation of concepts’ stakeholders for feedback and creatively use the feedback to refine product design
- Use 3D CAD software and visualization tools to refine designs and create virtual models of products
- Coordinate use of 3D printing to create product prototypes that are both aesthetic and functional to allow project teams to make critical decisions
- Collaborate with internal and external teams to consider manufacturing implications of new designs and evaluate product concepts for production feasibility
- Manage and support outside design agencies to ensure agreed successfully completion of project deliverables.
- Degree in product/industrial design
- 7+ years’ experience in industrial design for Consumer products (Packaging preferred)
- Knowledge of brand architecture
- Experience of Consumer ethnography, focus group interaction and design iteration
- Concept sketching and illustration skills
- 3D CAD design and visualization, 2D skills using photoshop, illustrator, etc.
Email email@example.com to apply or submit resume below.