Retained Executive Search: Senior Director, Controller, Finance, Clinical Laboratory, New York
Pharma-Cruiting Life Sciences Executive Search has been retained on a search for a Senior Director, Controller, Finance for a clinical laboratory in the Greater New York area.
The ideal candidate will have clinical lab finance experience, must be a CPA and reside within commutable distance. Relocation assistance provided if needed.
This position is responsible for all finance functions including but not limited to revenue recognition and billing, expense management, financial reporting and analysis, cash management and accounting operations. This position will own budgeting and forecasting, performance management metrics, process improvements, including enhancements to internal controls.
- Prepare financial reporting and analysis for segment results. Interpret results and identify operational variances to forecast, budget and prior year. Present findings timely to executive decision makers.
- Forecast and budget financial performance based on business drivers, trends, and new product introductions. Evaluate existing and new test offerings to ensure profitability.
- Support growth strategies and initiatives cross-functionally including operations and sales organizations.
- Serve as a key member of management evaluating strategic partnerships and / or contract negotiations.
- Develop financial models and benchmarking tools to evaluate costs within business lines.
- Ensure business requirements and capital investments are aligned within the segment.
- Initiate information technology projects in collaboration with internal and external IT resources. Be a subject matter expert in business intelligence using existing and developed technology solutions.
- Prepare monthly revenue recognition of the Clinical Lab including billing and collections. Analyze results against expectations and articulate operational and financial performance.
- Partner with executive management on performance-driven process improvement opportunities, new business opportunities, and cost control initiatives.
- Manage general accounting function including monthly close, accounts payable, and billing and collections functions.
- Prepare cash forecasts for operations and project working capital requirements.
- Direct a well-trained and professional finance team to achieve operational goals. Seek to promote and coach team to ensure support of segment management.
- Manage all accounting policies, internal controls, and SOX procedures as required.
- Work with Corporate finance team to support executive management presentations, special projects and SEC regulations. Prepare analyses and supporting schedules as required for quarterly and annual SEC filings.
Expertise / Professional Background
- Fifteen to twenty years of professional experience in private sector finance in large and growing organizations with revenues in excess of $300 million. Five to ten years of recent and relevant financial experience in the clinical laboratory services, diagnostic or life science industries.
- Public accounting / auditing experience is a Big Four or nationally recognized public accounting firm.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting and finance. Must be a CPA, and preferably hold an MBA.
- Extensive experience in financial information systems including Hyperion, Microsoft Dynamics, SQL data bases. Expert with Excel, PowerPoint and Access.
- Broad background and experience with working cross-functionally in matrix organizations.
- Must have high energy, be hands on, and possess strong business ethics.
Salary range: Commensurate with experience. Will include excellent base salary, bonus, equity & excellent benefits. Partial relocation for out of state candidates.
Please email Ruth Frazer – email@example.com to apply